Creating NPC's is easy to do and allows you to further develop your mods and create better content. Check out this video by BestInSlot on how to create NPC's, and check out the tips below for more information and details on creating your NPC's.
Adding Extra Head Parts (Scars/etc.)
Adding scars and other face assets makes your actors more unique and gives you more options in creating your NPC's.
- In the Object Window, go to Character-HeadPart-Male/Female/Unisex-Extra Part/Head Part.
- Open the actor editor for the NPC you want to edit and go to the "Character Gen Parts" tab.
- Drag any scars/etc. you want to add to your NPC into the "Additional Head Parts" section.
Exporting Face Generation Data
When you create custom NPC's in Creation Kit, you may notice that the face you designed doesn't show up in game. Fixing this is easy and doing so will allow your NPC's to be much more unique as you made them to be.
- In the Object Window of the Creation Kit go to Actors-Actor.
- Find the NPC(s) that you want to export the face gen data for and select them.
- Press CTRL + F4 and the program will begin to export the NPC's face gen data.
- After doing so a box will show up saying "Done" and all you have to do is click "OK".
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\Meshes\actors\character\facegendata\facegeom
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\Textures\actors\character\facegendata\facetint